"Project Runway" is back!
Cue the excited squeals, please!
If you're a dude -- or a non-"PR" fan -- you may want to leave the house between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. tonight. We kid you not. To celebrate "PR's" return to the small screen after a contentious legal battle that kept the show on hiatus for more than a year, new host network Lifetime is going all out.
A two-hour all-star challenge -- featuring eight former finalists including Mychael Knight, Santino Rice, Korto Momolu, Uli Herzner, Jeffrey Sebelia -- kicks off the "PR" madness at 7 p.m. Because it's a chance for one of these former finalists to win $100,000 in cash, they'll be bringing their all -- and probably some fierceness to the challenge. If that doesn't whet your fashion appetite, we're not sure what will.
Season six officially debuts at 9 p.m. and a half-hour spinoff called "Models of the Runway" debuts after the premiere where we'll see the episode from the models' perspective. Not everything about the show is exactly the same with the switch in networks and production companies -- L.A. replaces New York, Garnier is the new Tresseme and Neenah Gahcia's Marie Claire takes over from Elle -- but WHO CARES? With the help of fellow "PR" enthusiast Kelly McBride, we've compiled a brief list of things that we're dying to see or hear tonight on "Project Runway."
1. Heidi's use of "auf wiedersehen" to send the loser packing
2. Some good old-fashioned (get it? fashion? we're punny) personalities and talent
3. No Merlin or Harper's Bazaar mini challenge (no offense, "Fashion Show")
4. The return of Papa Gunn and the eternally awesome phrase "make it work"
5. Neenah Gahcia ('nuff said) and a hopefully less tanned but equally awesome Michael Kors
6. Mood! (Kelly: "Will they still go to mood? I love mood! And how they always yell "thank you Mood!")
Catch all the "Project Runway" action tonight starting at 7 p.m. CST on Lifetime and check back with us for a reaction tomorrow. Here's a sneak preview of tonight's fashion fun:
--Malavika Jagannathan, email@example.com